I have been getting close to 50 and 60 a week here in KY. Besides doing new and remodel work I have 18 local business's I do maintenance on. Aside from the HVAC and Ambulance service, I hardly have time to do anything not work related.

Doing maintenance work for small shops, gas stations, restruants and such, is a goldmine. They don't care how much it costs, just that it gets done. It's a way I've found to guarantee year round work. But again it can be a hassle when you are right in the middle of a big job and they call with a light out or a froze up cooler. I have had to learn my priorities
and also how to please everyone at least some of the time. There has been lunch breaks on bigger jobs spent replacing ballasts, bulbs and what ever else pain in the butt stuff that can go wrong that owners get hysterical over. Oh well, enough soap boxing. I'd suggest seeing some owners and managers about getting some side jobs to increase the cash flow. If anyboby else does "extras" like this, give us some more hints.

The lesson is in the struggle, not the victory.