My favorite battery operated hammer drill right now is the Milwaukee 28V. It is absolutely overpriced and the batteries are also ridiculously priced. I bought the cordless bandsaw and got the drill free so it was worth the price to me and it works like a champ for big jobs. It is not a good drill basic work as it is large and heavy but when setting anchors in tilt up walls it drills like a dream.

On the subject of inexpensive or cheep drills and B&D being in bed with Dewalt I think what people don't consider is:

Milwaukee, Senco, Ryobi and a host of other equipment is made by the same manufacturer but to different specs provided by the company who owns the proprietary design. This was a hot subject on ECN a couple years ago and everyone cried up and down they wouldn't buy Milwaukee when they heard Ryobi was to be made by the same manufacturer. Where the equipment is made and by who doesn't matter. What matters is the specs, price, availability, and customer service.

Granite and Rexel Pacific sell allot of the same brands and parts doesn't mean they are the same or comparable (Well OK bad example as Granite is owned by the same people who sold Pacific and then jumped back in the game by creating Granite so they are comparable)

Milwaukee, Ryobi, Rigid, Panasonic, Hitachi, Craftsmen, and Bosch are all good tools and all have different strengths when it comes to cordless tools.

Buy what you like and what you can afford. There is not one single brand I can't destroy in 3 to 6 months. I've proved it time and time again to the guys in the field. I buy Milwaukee because I like them but I do hate their batteries and unfortunately their tools are overpriced.

edit
oops I left Makita off my list of good cordless tools
/edit

Last edited by Local; 04/13/07 05:34 PM.