this is a can of worms i am beginning to think, but here goes.
a home owner is building his own music studio designed by an accomplished designer.
who has specked out isolated grounds for five of nine circuits in studio. seems simple enough....uggghhh i didn't say simple did i? first i should say, this studio is an addition to his existing house(glorified remodel) the existing panel only has three circuits available so the studio will require its own sub panel. which seems perfect in the fact that i can isolate ground easy enough since neutral will be floating. but in order to be a true isolated ground(my interpitation) it would require the three ground rods with a delta configuration using a #4 cu. insulated conductor back to the sub panel which wouldnt be bonded to the sub panel at all.....not electrically a good idea but true to the word isolated ground. so here we have a isolated ground bar not bonded and an equipment grounding bar which is bonded to the sub panel.....sound right so far?
but it seems moot since the boxes i will use will be plastic and there wont be any raceways(emt or otherwise) whats the point?
i use a three conductor tape red conductor green and dump bare ground back into box for what...to have an insulated conductor ground my recording equipment? which is supposed to reduce noise, yet creates bigger and more serious problems electrically speaking. and if i bond iso ground to sub panel havent i just created a short-cut for fault current?
what am i missing? what can or do you guys suggest? i am not an expert by any means only remember from tech school very little.
thanx in advance.
H20