Cover Page should include:
1) Project Name
2) Full Address
3) Square footage of building
4) Sheet list of all sheets that should be in plan set

E-Sheets:
1) Scope list clearly defining EC, GC, LL, and Owners Scope.

2) Coordinated Electrical and Mechanical. This is a hot button for me just tell he who the hell furnishes the starters and disconnects for the Mech equipment, and tell me on an E-sheet. In fact if I am to furnish anything list it on an E-sheet, don’t make me read the M-specs or M-sheet to find out I just got screwed.

3) Coordinate Architectural with Electrical, we should not have to scour the A-sheets for device color.

4) Add this line to your fixture schedule and watch the price for fixtures drop 30%:
“Or Approved Equal”.

5) Panel schedules, fixture schedules and anything else that may be sent off for a quote should be formatted on the plan page so that you can use a copier to make 8.5x11 prints to fax off to supply houses.

6) CLEARLY indicate whether or not multi-wire branch circuits are acceptable.

7) Shade your background to 40% for blue line and 25% for black and white, and keep the electrical at 100%. This makes it jump off the page and is a breeze to see electrical detail.

8) If you put a part number on the plans make sure it’s a good number, the same goes for phone numbers of national accounts. I cant begin to remember how many times this has given me trouble.

9) Don’t ask me to balance your panels; if you drew it, engineered it and sealed it, then you balance it yourself.

10) CLEARLY define who furnishes plywood backboard for the telephone equipment.

11) CLEARLY define who does the Telephone/Data.

12) CLEARLY indicate who does controls, and if it’s a BAS CLEARLY define the responsibilities.

13) Define who does the metering, LL, EC or POCO.

14) PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING GOOD PLEASE CLEARLY Define who furnishes the duct detectors, AND Annunciators.

I could go on...

101° Rx = + /_\