2 RG6, and two Cat-5e, sounds like enough, I will often run three cat-5e for this purpose.
Phone, network, and spare/network return.
Often customers will like to have thier modem in an accessible area for reset(easier for troubleshooting), or to shut it off on the kids. Or used as a spare, you might want to use it for something that you wouldn't want to use pairs from a net, or phone jacket, like say audio, or something like that.

As for intercom and phone I would suggest something like this: http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/communication_systems/dig_sup_hybrid_sys.asp

And use the intercom card for its purpose, but many will often have NC/NO contacts (for external chime) that you might be able to use for that mute function you mentioned. And like wise, simular external ringer for the phone could also be used like that. But both would take some investigation...... Like down-loading the manuals and making sure you could. As far as alarms? I cant think of anyway to intergrate them? And Homeworks would be the same as it would be without a phone system.

Either way, do all the investigating before you invest, something like that is going to be a pretty penny, and hopefully the last you'll buy.

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 01-23-2005).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason