Met with a guy to trim out his spec house. He had a falling out with the last electrician, and this project has been going on for 3 years.

Talked to the original electrician, and he was sorry for the falling out. Too many questions about who was responsible for the extras, etc. Says he hasn't gotten a dime from the guy in two years, but the guy paid him fine until then. Not sure whose fault this is.

1) Since I am coming in now, everything is billable, no questions about what is and what isnt billable, right?

2) How would you guys price this job. Its like 60% trimmed out. I need to terminate the panel, install all LL stuff, install Ambience lights/transformers, hang fans, wire appliances, etc.

The electrician wired the sons house accross the street and had no problems with either the son or the dad (guy who called me). I couldnt get the original electrician to say anything bad about the owner, no matter what I tried. He just said he didn't have time for the bickering anymore. Said I could call him anytime for info.

The owner owns this large beer distrbutorship around here, and it took me a while to place his face. He's from somewhere in the middle east, but I think he's Indian or Pakistani. I heard from someone that knew an empoyee of his who said this guy thought the US deserved 9/11. This has nothing to do with the job, but this info has bothered me since 9/11 and I haven't purchased any adult beverages from him since.

He seemed nice and on the up and up while we walked around, and my bs meter was not pegged at all. Just seemed like a guy who wanted his house finished. Maybe he's a lot smarter than I am.....

I was thinking T&M, what do you think?

[This message has been edited by kiwisholland (edited 09-09-2006).]