Byron,
I'll second Dave's post, as will many others here. Most of the new home electricians in my area will wire an entire McMansion for what us "after-market" guys get for a custom kitchen.

No waiting for the builder to get around to paying (or never paying)you either.

If you do decide to wire that house, do not take short cuts like giving a square foot price. It's an invitation to an all you can wire buffet. The builder and/or homeowner will add, delete, move, change and rewire everything in that house 10 times----all for that one low, low price.

Count every electrical device on those plans. Have them specify what grade devices they expect, where they need dimmers and exactly which fixtures they want.

Watch out for the architects' disclaimers about how his electrical plans are diagramatic only, he doesn't know how you will fit 7 switches on a 6-inch wall but you must consult with him before relocating them. He has no idea what the actual electrical codes are so you must catch all his mistakes, inform him of his mistakes, and ask his permission to change his mistakes.

Most importantly, know how much it is going to COST YOU to put in each of those devices and add a healthy profit. That is the main lesson I have learned from Les (LK) and everyone elese here over the past few months (thanks guys).

Pat

[This message has been edited by Pat@Amber (edited 07-22-2005).]

Power to the people