That was allways my faverate customer insult to another JW in the company that did not pull his weight. "I'm not going to pay your apprentace that much". Only he was not an apprentace.

As far as what to charge. I think it gos back to the more detailed break down of the bill you provide the more the customer has to complain about. I realize some are required to seperate materials and labor. Also a few jobs are better just T&M. Otherwise I would give them a total number and that's it.

You could also play with the numbers and call yourself a superviser (charging more) and less for the apprentace.

If the JW & the apprentace are allways working as a pair you could charge one amount per hr for both.

I don't know if I would charge too much less for an apprentace. Depending on the work it could take them 3 times as long, they have to be trained, they need supervision, they are more likely to be hurt or break something. The only advantages to them are they may be better for the grunt work & you can pay them less. If you charge less then what is the advantage of having one?

I wish there was some goverment insentive to hire & train new guys.

Tom