The Transfer Switch Deal was a real humdinger...

The "Heart-String-Tension" scenario played heavily...

Power out, lady on oxygen...

The second trip to BGE was for the correct sized chord ends... I'd asked for 20A, but got 30A Twistlocks... Didn't he notice the 12-4 SOW? He got that right! Grrrrr!

Ironically, both these jobs were local, within a few miles of my house, but the important thing is distance from the supplyhouse, not home!

Then, the rest of the story. I finally get everything connected, then I check the oil before a test run... it's empty... bought on ebay and drained for shipping.... OK, another trip, this time to the gas station, which isn't reflected in the invoice breakdown...

Well, gas station doesn't have name-brand 30W oil, just multi-viscosity... so, I buy the cheap crap. Mistake...

Oh you see this coming don't you...

No I didn't have to buy her a generator, thank God....

But after a 30 second run, the oil foamed just like a blown head gasket in a water cooled engine, but this things air-cooled... Huhn?

So a call to my sax player / head mechanic friend. Water or Air he says...

So I drain (in 20ºF mind you...) and flush with Kero (no charge for the two gallons of Kero I ruined) to rid the foamed oil. OK, second try, same result.

Go back next day and neighbor got to be the hero and I'm stuck with a Quart of Pennzoil SAE 30W...

*shaking head ruefully*

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 03-13-2005).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI