Dave,

"It's not about bleeding people, it's about SALES. There's such a used-car-salesman feeling among contractors. When I'm bidding a job, I'll suggest a few other things they might also want".

I agree,totally. When Bidding a job I always try to suggest the things they may have forgot, that is Sales.

However, I meant on the "bleeding" part of my post, that some EC's will litterally bleed things out of people. I have seen guys put in the wrong transformers because they were on the print. Fully knowing it was a misprint, and then overcharging for a change order to install a new one later. That too, is a form of Sales. They banged the customer all the way on that job. But then, they lost that customer for ever, once they found out what the EC was doing. Now that EC has to look for another customer to bang again, just to survive.

That's all I was stating, that is one way of doing business. I can't do things like that.
I like having people who trust me, and will be there for me for a long time.

I find that newer customers are better "targets", for the lack of a better word, to try new sales approaches on. Then if the sales work, or the equipment works like it should, then I'll go back to my bigger accounts and submit it to then. I don't experiment with my customers who I make a living off of.

Sorry if I sounded like a "used car salesman".
I didn't want to come off that way.

Dnk......