After meeting with the P book rep I showed him the the phone bills with a different number linked to last years add with very few calls.

Of coarse he said I need bigger, multable adds, and colors.

He was tring to show some crazy estomate numbers from some polling company. I should have been offended it was so far out there. It was something like I'll get 50,000 calls a year. I said what's the circulation? 175,000. I said so out of all the other ads in their book, another book out there, and hundeds of other EC not advertising I'll get a little less then 1 in 3 residences to call me once in the year. I said no way, show me some kind of results. Below is a list of some test results they got by using a different number for the ad.

1/2 page 25 calls & $580 / mo ($23.20 per call)
1/3 page 20 calls & 430 / mo (21.50 per call)
1/4 page 15 calls & $368 / mo ($24.53 per mo)

The call numbers are approximate because each one had several examples. Granted each examples were in unrelated catigories and they seemed to have a limited amount of competion. It did not take in account sales calls, or repeat customer calls.

I'm just saying how many sales and non-sence calls do you get off a phone number before you get 1 lead. How many leads do you need before you close before you make a sale. Now what did that sale cost you.

The week before I talked to the other p book guy. It was 1/4 page $550+ per month. He said "But you guys only need to sell 1 panel change every month to pay for it cause I know you get a lot of money for them." What do I have to sell to make up for the money I lost on the service?

I'm starting to hate them all now.

Tom