Trumpy:

Excellent point. To add my own tips:

1: Always wear PPE when working on anything over 100 volts;
2: NEVER stand directly in front of any breaker/disconnect/fuse pull block when opening or reclosing (and that includes breakers in resi panels!);
3: LOOK AWAY when doing any of the items in #2, so if it arcs you stand lesser chance of eye damage;
4: NEVER pull/install meters without PPE, especially NEVER pull meters to cut power on a faulted system;
5: Most importantly, stay alert and DON'T rush when working live. Despite the pressure to finish/restore power, the extra time it takes to do it safely is a helluva lot less than the time to deal with an injury or equipment damage from rushing.

In repairing cinemas I frequently deal with harried staff/managers to get things running again, but I refuse to let that force me into something unsafe. In addition to electrical hazards, I deal with explosive (high-pressure) Xenon arc lamps, mechanical hazards and high intensity light.

Work safe and be able to go home to your loved ones at the end of the day. NO JOB IS WORTH YOUR LIFE OR INJURY TO YOURSELF OR OTHERS!!

Tony

Stupid should be painful.