jhumphrey,
It is a small power station, 132MW. I am the I&E leadman. We don't often work with the really high voltage stuff. Generally we are working with 120V-480V.

We do work on the higher stuff 4160V, 13.8KV and we have a suit for that. That stuff we do not work hot.

The way that NFPA 70E reads, you need FR clothing for doing voltage checks in a 480 bucket that still has 120 control power on. That is why we went to the uniforms in the first place, we do "level 2" work on a daily basis.

We have already had one incident where the uniforms have done their job. We had a man place a Fluke 87 across 4160V. The results were not pretty. We found most of the parts of the Fluke.
Fortunately he had on the nomex shirt and indura pants. He was also wearing an indura jacket. We had gotten the jackets a week before, after much wailing and gnashing of teeth by me. My argument was that it makes no sense to have FR clothes if you put a nylon jacket on over top of them.

He walked away with no injuries. The jacket had to be replaced. It had saved him from recieving any burns.

Sadly the company that bought us, and is cutting our budget to ribbons, is a major utility.