Check out
www.proladder.com for one of those multi-use ladders, or go to Homedepot.com, click on shop - building supplies - ladders. The Gorilla 4' steel scaffold is PN # 165352.
(I tried every way I can think of to link it here - guess BOB wants to make it difficult!)

Try this - it's the Manufacturer's website -for a picture of the mini scaffold and their version of the multi-ladder:
http://www.tricam.com/commercial.htm

to at least get an idea. My forman turned me onto the "mini-scaffold" - he had one of the wal-mart style ones (smaller tubing, lighter gauge platform)that is a lot lighter than the Gorilla one - It's about $20-$30 cheaper as well.

The Gorilla weighs a fair amount, but it is rock solid when you're on it; it also has bigger wheels, so rolling over the edges of rough plywood flooring, and relief cuts in concrete (plus the occasional extension cord [Linked Image] ) is a lot easier! Both models fold up to minimize storage space.

I found them to be excellent when mounting/piping/wiring rows of can lights - a hell of a lot easier than up the ladder, down the ladder all freekin' day. Just grab the rafter and skoosh....err, uuh, HYPOTHETICALLY, of course, since I'd never advocate an unsafe work practice!

And if anybody at your place mentions OSHA and metal ladders for the mini scaffold, just get one of those rubber insulating mats, and put it on top of the platform... problem solved!

The multi ladders are available in Al or fiberglass...

[This message has been edited by DougW (edited 04-02-2004).]