Joe,
Just seeing a panel like that one, makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.
For a start, there is a lot of Earthed Metal in the surrounds of the panel that could cause an Arc Fault by workers that are not keeping a good eye on what they are doing.
Having said that, as well as having a Second Competent Person with you when working on a panel like this, I would move that Insulating Cover-up gear(sheets) be used to minimise the chances of contact with other parts within the panel, that are un-related to the task at hand.
I realise that this may sound a trifle "wimpy", but what's wimpy about spending a few months in Hospital, because you couldn't even cover your own b-side during one of these procedures.
TGood,
Those OSHA links that you provided would be a very good foundation to start off a "Low Voltage" Live work procedure Standard.
There is, in my opinion, little difference in the two Voltage scenarios, but in some cases, it's the Arc Flash ferocity that makes the difference.
You should take equal care, no matter wether it's a 120V lighting circuit or a 12.4kV feeder cable