True Trumpy True,

How to eliminate all accidnets???? Wow good question. However I like to tell the employees that I want to eliminate all accidents to show them that is my ultimate goal. Before I started as the safety guy the offical co. goal was to stay below an incident rate of 11.3. However I don't think it is acceptable to say, "We only want 6 employees hurt this year." I want the employees to know that I don't want any of them to get hurt.

Inattention. So true. However let me tell you what happened at our work. We had a good year last year, but the wheels fell of the wagon this year. So I called a special tool box meeting and told them that I did not know what to say. This was the same employees who had a great year last year, however this year we had already had more accidents in the first 4 months than we had all last year. Someone at my wife's work was complaining that they had a bad day. She told him when he has a bad day, he breaks a part, when I have a bad day at work people get hurt. I told them this quote and also that most of the accidents we had this year were caused by inattention. Since then we have been on a roll. Since that day we have not had an accident and that was over 120 days ago (Knock on wood)

I remember the first time that I told the employees that I would like to go a whole year with no accidents. They looked like I was crazy and some of them said that it could not happen. My response to them was "Why?" Total silence. I told them that if anyone was planning on getting hurt to come to my office and we could talk about it. I told them that I truly believed that we could go a whole year with no accidents. We almost did it last year. 239 days.

BTW Trumpy, got your e-mail. I will reply, but I thought that this was appropriate for others to see.
Scott

[This message has been edited by Scotts (edited 07-23-2003).]