Hi, my name is Sandra Brasmeister and I got a low voltage electrical shock/burn form a paper shredder.

The shredder stopped working after working with it for about 15 minutes, since if we used it more that 20 minutes it would overheat and shut off anyway and smell.

I reversed the paper with the reverse button checked for staples or a paper clip as to why the machine failed.

When I got up to do this I spilled my coffee product which I had to clean up. I think my right hand was still damp on the back. When I went to hit the button again I got a heck of a shock, causing me to not be able to let go. I then blacked out. When I came to, people around me were taking my blood pressure which was 200/100 and my pulse was 200 bpm.

They were calling 911 and taking me to the hospital. I was having premature heart beats. But no one really looked at my right hand. If they did there was little to see.

Someone covered it and later, my hand turned black, pealed the pain was unbearable and even today I still have problems with nerve damage.

Doctor have dx me with RSD, which is a problem arising from the trama of the electrical shock.

Do you know of anyone having similar problems, and can a low voltage electrical shock really cause this sort of disabiling damage to the human body?

You being an electrician, have you ever heard of this sort of thing happening?

Thanks for your help.

Please help, this is turning into a disability.

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant