It all depends on the type of work that is being done as to which of these standards is enforced, but here are the requirements for "2" people:

For General Industry Workers:

1910.335(b)(3)Attendants. If signs and barricades do not provide sufficient warning and protection from electrical hazards, an attendant shall be stationed to warn and protect employees.

or for workers in the Electric Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution business:

1910.269(e)(7)"Attendants." While work is being performed in the enclosed space, a person with first aid training meeting paragraph (b) of this section shall be immediately available outside the enclosed space to render emergency assistance if there is reason to believe that a hazard may exist in the space or if a hazard exists because of traffic patterns in the area of the opening used for entry. That person is not precluded from performing other duties outside the enclosed space if these duties do not distract the attendant from monitoring employees within the space. Note: See paragraph (t)(3) of this section for additional requirements on attendants for work in manholes.

Except as provided in paragraph (l)(1)(ii) of this section, at least two employees shall be present while the following types of work are being performed:
1910.269(l)(1)(i)(A)Installation, removal, or repair of lines that are energized at more than 600 volts,
1910.269(l)(1)(i)(B)Installation, removal, or repair of deenergized lines if an employee is exposed to contact with other parts energized at more than 600 volts,
1910.269(l)(1)(i)(C)Installation, removal, or repair of equipment, such as transformers, capacitors, and regulators, if an employee is exposed to contact with parts energized at more than 600 volts,
1910.269(l)(1)(i)(D)Work involving the use of mechanical equipment, other than insulated aerial lifts, near parts energized at more than 600 volts, and
1910.269(l)(1)(i)(E)Other work that exposes an employee to electrical hazards greater than or equal to those posed by operations that are specifically listed in paragraphs (l)(1)(i)(A) through (l)(1)(i)(D) of this section.

1910.269(l)(1)(ii)Paragraph (l)(1)(i) of this section does not apply to the following operations:
1910.269(l)(1)(ii)(A)Routine switching of circuits, if the employer can demonstrate that conditions at the site allow this work to be performed safely,
1910.269(l)(1)(ii)(B)Work performed with live-line tools if the employee is positioned so that he or she is neither within reach of nor otherwise exposed to contact with energized parts, and
1910.269(l)(1)(ii)(C)Emergency repairs to the extent necessary to safeguard the general public.

Bryan www.SAFTENG.net