Wow!

Mike, You guessed it! Old NM bundled with friction tape. It will all be ripped out, as far as I know, and I plan to put a 100A sub panel upstairs for the apartment, if I'm given my choice.

Tom, you should barely be able to make out the bonding screw just below the termination of the GEC. Yep, about 6 UV rated straps at $0.35 each from TruValue... But they make for a nice install... Heck, putting the GEC in PVC would be cheaper! (Joe, I'm sold!) My supplier only had BX straps as the closest thing they can suggest for strapping the GEC! There may be old water line in the building, but their intention is to rip it all out a start anew with either PVC or the new plastic tubing, so I didn't bother bonding it. But you make a good point!

Electricmanscott, The 3R panel is actually a feed through disco, so a 200A panel can still go into the building and some circuits, like the subfeed for the apartment, will be connected to the disco's bus via properly sized CBs.

2 Ground rods, plumb, flush, with the tops exposed for verification. 4' away from edge of building, 6' apart, one continuous #4 bare GEC buried 6".

Sparky, I had wondered about the bonding issues with the min-Es on PVC (it is PVC). What do you think? Similar concern is if a "pipe hanger" can support conduit vertically.

Wirewiz and Caselec, Are the locknuts themselves the bonding issue regardless of the PVC? Wirewiz may have a good point!

Any more? C'mon! Don't be shy! The more the merrier! You're chance to be the "impossible" inspector without hurting anyone's feelings!

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 09-19-2002).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI