I'm one of the types of users that our ITS department hates - with a minimum of half a dozen apps open & running all the time and a crowded task bar.

For a long time I used Lotus Notes (standalone workstation) for my browser and email client, and was happy with it until fairly recently. I have also tried Opera browser & email client, and have only one really big objection to it - it is dificult to impossible (for me anyway) to formet text and backgrounds on the fly in emails.

I realize browsing and email client software is quite different, but I would still prefer having one app that did both, maybe with a calendar & other stuff too. However, I most certainly do not have the expertise needed to attempt to combine Firefox & Thunderbird.

Add to that - I have a latent distrust for Mozilla email products based on past experiences with Netscape Mail. I'm using Thunderbird tho, for now at least, and to be fair - I haven't had any problems with it.

At work we're solid MS customers (victims?) with IE and Outlook. I cheat with the browser tho, I use Avant Browser which is an IE browser with tabbed browsing. Pretty cool if, like us, you're stuck with MS products.

Radar


There are 10 types of people. Those who know binary, and those who don't.