Bob,
I have no idea what your trying to say here.
Sorry mate,I was going off in an entirely different direction there!. [Linked Image]

Sorry it's taken me a while to reply to this thread but, I've since started there as a Maintenance Supervisor and the hours are horrendous coming up to speed on the gear they use and the operation of it.

I took my junk down there and had a look at what they had.
This problem is only a recent one.
About 8 weeks prior to the problem being noticed, the company had installed a brand spanking new collating machine.
3 phase, 230/400V and it is PLC controlled and uses a VSD as the drive for the main motor in the unit.
That's OK.
We had a couple of guys there to help, using these rolling machines with the power off to the collating machine, no worries.
(By this time I had a 'scope on the mains)
The collating machine was set up and started on low speed and run, again no problems.
The collating machine was then run up to full speed with rather heavy papers running through it and then Bang!!.
It showed up on the scope (harmonics all over the place!), the rolling machines started acting as was described.
We are currently working with the supplier of the machine (in Australia, no less) to fit some sort of harmonic filters to the thing.
Thanks to one and all that replied to this thread, it has been an education for me and I managed to score a new job after my last one fell threw. [Linked Image]
No worries though, I have a great bunch of tech's working with me and free newspapers too!. [Linked Image]