the situation is this:
I have a church with catwalk above main santuary where all wiring is in romex (yes, I Know) and there are 2 new LCD Projectors hung from ceiling to show on screens. We put in 4- 575 watt theater lights with local dimmers which have a remote controllers through signal wiring in the sound booth. When the dimmer is in "black out" mode everything is great, but when I raise the lights I get a scrolling line on the projectors. I have made sure the computer and projectors are on the same phase, properly grounded, seperate neutrals for everything, the lighting comes from a different panel than the projectors, the 2 panels are fed from the main service seperately, the low volt communication cables are far enough from line volt cables not to be an issue.

Sooo yesterday we put a shielded transformer 240v primary 240v secondary and moved sound, computer, projectors to a new panel fed from transformer. The neutral doesn't connect from line to load on transformer and the ground goes to local building steel.

I still have scrolling lines as soon as I put up the theater lights and now I don't know what to tell the customer. And I'm out a bunch of money for x-former and sub panel because it didn't make the problem go away.

I have looked at some of the threads about harmonics but I thought that the transformer would solve the problem.
What should I do next??

[This message has been edited by falcondfb (edited 04-25-2005).]