Both are schematics for ski lifts. 2.1 is circa 1968 and 2.2 is circa 1983. 2.2 is 1/9 pages. There is another thread on this board with more detail.
Major upgrades are expensive, so equipment is replaced with the original style.
2.2 is European and I have seen the style changes in schematics from '83 until present.
I left that mountain in Aug '02 and now I work in PVC extrusion.
I started working industrial full time in '98. Beef processing, ski 'hill', and now PVC.
I was amazed that most schematics were photocopies and hand drawn. I started 'digitizing' them at the ski hill. All the posted work was done by me alone with a simple 'paint' type program.
It was a daunting task at first because I tried it with CAD programs that weren't suited to electrical. I decided to start from scratch and 'do my own thing'.
I have a simple system for digitizing 'decrepit crayon-on-napkin scratches' to a .bmp/.jpg/ etc file so they can be updated/printed etc by any electrician.
I have some new PLC stuff I have been working on, and hope to submit it when time permits.
When I eventually retire, I hope to run a schematic converting company from a laptop on a beach in Fiji.