I would limit the description "electrical" to a fire caused by arcing, a short circuit, or a loose connection getting hot. An overloaded wire would qualify. Wires that short out because the insulation has degraded would qualify.

Plugging in an electric charcoal lighter, and placing it under the sofa cushions, does not make an 'electrical fire.'

Even failure within an appliance would not (most likely) make it an "electrical" fire; that would be an appliance fire. I generally limit the 'electrical' category to the house wiring, and not anything that might be plugged in at the time.

Last winter, I was called to fix a water heater circuit. I found that there had been a short between one of the "hot" wires, and the EMT; a very nice hole had been burned through the steel by the arc. Had that arc ignited the floor joists nearby, that would have been a 'fire of electrical origin.'

On the other hand, if someone set up an electric space heater by there bed, and a blanket fell across the heater, and ignited ... that is not an 'electrical' fire.

As long as the electrical system is working properly, you probably won't have an electrical fire.

That's how I see it.