Just when I thought I have seen everything something else comes along and surprises me.
Today did some work at an OLD home, the owner wanted some receptacles replaced, but dont put in GFCIs ,,ok so I put in two wire receptacles. When I oopened the first box there were two wires in there but only one had insulation on it, at first I thought it was old romex with the insulation broken from one of the conductors, taped everything up and went to the next receptacle same thing but this time got a look at the cable it was definitely made with the hot insulated and the neutral bare both encased inside and outer sheath.
Has anyone else encountered this type of cable before ??????????????????
Second where is the line of our responsibility to safty ? This place has K & T which the owners do not want replaced, there is a 100 amp service panel with a 60 amp service, the place is a violation waiting for the accident. I kept trying to explain that this stuff must be replaced, and her response was , yes I know but not now. From the shape it is in she doesnt have a lot of time to play with.

Help
-Mark-