I hate to say this, but the intall might actually be legit, if messy looking.
Drop cords....those plugs coming down from the ceiling...are a common way to power machinery. It works very well, and often places the cord in a place where it's out of the way (how often have you tripped over a pipe or raceway set on the floor?).
The two-screw connectors are actually listed for connecting flexible cords...look at the note on the box they come in.
The prohibition of flexible cord above a dropped ceiling dates from 2002...so that would be OK if older than that.
Many of the cords look as if they came with the machines- in which case using them is proper.

Several of the parts used are not cheap, and show some attention to detail.

One area of possible concern....flexible cords can not be uses as a substitute for permanent wiring (400.8(1)). The long run across a ceiling may be such an area of violation. (Drop cords typically drop straight down, not run horizontally).

I can't find it right now (someone help me here!), but I know that the NEC also requires pendant boxes to have the cord enter through a threaded hub...so the use of the 4-square boxes is a violation.