Wow... *grabs popcorn*

I don't see much of a difference in T&M(+O&P) and C+... seems to be like saying "6 of one and a half dozen of the other"...
To me, the "+" in C+ would be the same as the "P" in T&M(+O&P).

Enter in the bid jobs, and seeing into the future would be the only difference.

My observations:

We, as Contractors, like to do bid jobs because of the potential to make more than we could on T&M, however, the General Contractors apparently want us to bid in hopes that we'll come under what it would have been for T&M (i.e. a loss, or under-bid) and in order to make both parties happy, a solid guesstimate of the T&M(+O&P) costs should be pretty close to the bid price anyway...

So what's the big deal? Ideally, it'd be the same numbers.

I don't like doing bid jobs because I'm not good at estimating, but I'm getting better at it...

Joe M. has done nothing but T&M for the last eight years.

I don't get it either, Steve...

(I've read "part" of his book too...)


-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI