I've put miles of that stuff in in the 4-5" size for high voltage ductbanks. We used to cut it with skilsaws [Linked Image] .

One ugly story on myself, one day at the Pentagon, they called me and said they'd hit something, wanted me to see it and give a ruling. "We think it may be asbestos" they said. I got there to see about 8 of these transites laying there..... I stopped a second, got my bearings, and said "yup, it's asbestos" "How can you be sure" they ask...... "cause I put it in about 74 was my reply" hee, hee, that one tried to kill me twice.

I was wondering where I could get a pic of this stuff to go with my MV cable one I sent a few weeks back. One of the guys that works for me (in the plumbing shop) stopped by my office and said "Hey George, is this what I think it is?" I had my pic, any yes, that was being used as a sewer pipe. He had been doing a side job the weekend before, and had to cut that out of the way to install new PVC. Well, now he knows what transite looks like.

Thought I'd pass that along so you younger guys would know what it looks like, if you see it, go around.