Bob,
"Dangling by the top insulators"
Maybe I should have said "only the top insulators"
I would have felt differently had the interior been secure. As it was, it could flop around in the cabinet, and a good earthquake, or another forklft running into it could have dropped the entire interior.
I would have felt differently had there been a cover, or the section removed and a box placed over the feeder.
I would have felt differently had the feeder been even pulled out of the lugs at the disconnect, or even the fuses been pulled out, but such was not the case.
As it was, this was a disaster waiting to happen, among many in the same plant (hot 480 sticking out of the end of conduits with nothing but wirenuts on the end, etc).
I didn't make the decision for (or even suggest) total removal of the feeder. That was done by the management of the company., and it is their money.
I agree that removal should only be needed to the first "safe point", but it very often doesn't happen.

If you believe there shouldn't be any type of regulation regarding something like this, then so be it.

It won't change my mind. (Note the date)
I saw this and the conditions surrounding it, fortunately before someone that didn't have a lick of sense stuck their face in it...S

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 01-07-2004).]