Well guys,

After 10 years in business last month, I have decided to call it quits.

After being the slowest that we've ever been for the first six months of this year. And after loosing my a** on a few jobs a couple of years ago for which I will never recover from, I contacted a large electrical contractor in my area and was offered a position.

The contractor that I am now working for has about 70 people in the field and does mostly public jobs over $250,000.00.

I will be making prevailing wage and have full benefits. I requested to start out as a field electrician so that I can become familiar with how the company is run and then I will have the chance to be superintendent or possibly an estimator or project manager.

Right now they are letting me work from my home while I estimate a design/build job for a 20,000 square foot factory that I had coming into the new job. I will do the design and the take-off then they will price the job and submit the proposal.

When I am done with the take-off I will be starting my new position as a field electrician. 8:00 - 4:30 go home and no worries just a steady paycheck.

Oh, and by the way, for the first time in my life I am getting paid to do design work and take-off wheather we get the job or not!