service trucks. Every work truck, material truck, boom truck, bucket truck, gut truck, butt truck, what truck? [Linked Image], etc., etc., etc. that my company owns has a fire extinguisher in it. We have a service that checks the extinguishers, and tags them. These tags are good (the tags that I have seen anyway) for like 2 or 3 years. The one in my truck expires in 2005. Today we had one of the company safety "Over Lords" come out to a job site. He "hit" one our guys for not having a monthly inspection on his fire exstinguisher. Now, am I missing something here? Does OSHA have a "reg" that requires fire extinguishers to be checked monthly? I'm faced with the following choices:
<OL TYPE=A>

[*]Setting my truck on fire once a month so I can get a new fire exstinguisher, and not worry about it.

[*]Finding the correct rule, and conforming to it.

[*]Not conforming, and having the safety guy's legs broken by some gang members each time he questions me about my fire extinguisher.

[*]Set the safety guy on fire, and when he askes me to put him out, tell him I can't because my fire extinguisher hasn't had a monthly inspection.
</OL>
I thought I would ask before I got out the matches.

About to invest in a Zippo,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX