Joe,

I agree with some of your comments, and only ask for safety, not necessarily removal of the equipment.

You mean you and I do have some common ground? Cool, I do appreciate you saying that. [Linked Image]

Electure, I did not figure I would change your mind, [Linked Image] and if you look at my post I said "forgetting about forklift damage"

I just chose this particular thread to unload on, I have seen many posts that advocate the removal of old wiring and felt is was time for a view from the other side.

It is not so much that I am against "any type of regulation regarding something like this" I just do not see this as a issue for the NEC.

I am also concerned about the wording of such regulations.

You clearly want regulation for this, so how about it, I would be interested in how you would write such a regulation and how you would define "abandoned, idle, unused, etc. any term you feel would work.

Electure I respect the professionalism you bring, I am confident you could fairly enforce such rules.

What about people that have an agenda other than safety, like a contractor trying to make work or an inspector with a mission against a certain building owner?

The code rule will have to be black and white no room for interpretation, that is very tough.

Bob

[This message has been edited by iwire (edited 01-07-2004).]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts