Well I took my suggestions to the manager of this facility, he more or less told me that if I didn't get it done he would find someone else who could. Me being the way I am, explained in a professional way that it would be a good idea to look into getting these problems taken care of. But, moving toward the present, I would say that some less self-respecting electrician is there adding to the already maxed limits of the system. And on the troffers, I was just going by what I was told, I also brought up the fact that they looked older than they were estimated by him. But he seemed very insistent on the fact that he knew everything so I dropped it. No the ceiling is not plenum rated. One of the BX runs from disco 22 to a water heater mounted above the bathrooms, as you can see the shut off in the corner of the picture. The picture of the EMT going thru the channel is just another example of shoddy work. The mains in this facility usually pull around 350 to 400 amps per leg, during the normal 8A to 6P day. I also found a ground wire which runs from the stove in the employee kitchen to a single ground rod over 75 feet away, the wire is a single #12 THHN,(at least it's green). Hopefully this will shed some more light on the subject.


The lesson is in the struggle, not the victory.