Joe thanks for posting these for me.

The events that took place were as follows.

The homeowner was taking a bath in her newly installed hydromassage tub (without a permit). The power went out in the tub so she went down to the panel to see if a breaker tripped. Because the circuit wasn't labeled she started randomly turning breakers on and off. When this got her nowhere she turn the main off then on. Immediately she heard a buzzing then sparks and fire started.

The other interesting thing that I did not get pictures of was the tree that was burnt where the service drop passed through it.

With the mess inside the panel, my best guess is that the Main breaker malfunctioned. Seeing how the breaker blew apart and the molten metal right on the breaker I have to believe it was the breaker. Even with all the other violations in the panel. I am hoping that what happened is the GFCI under the tub tripped, killing power to the unit, and saved the life of the homeowner. I have not investigated the site personally, I only have my fire department's report. I asked if I could be brought in for further investigation in an obvious electrical fire event. After the fire is out of course.