ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Hey Ian, you out of school yet?

There are some local guys on this board, maybe you can hook up with one of them...

Hey- let's look to the rest of the world for advice! Nothing lobbing a few rockets won't fix..... or, better yet, strap a bomb to kitty and send him over!

We see where THIS road leads.

ROTFLMAO!! Reno you sound like my father when he wants to deal with our one neighbor's 10000 cats.

Hey Ian, you out of school yet?

There are some local guys on this board, maybe you can hook up with one of them...

Yeah I'm out and back the 30th. Fire me off an email so we can talk.

Ian A.

[This message has been edited by Theelectrikid (edited 08-07-2006).]

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
J
JJM Offline
Invite your cool neighbors over for a BBQ, but "accidentally" put a flyer in his mailbox advertising a video party....

Wow... with all the criticism of my ideas on how to deal with the neighbor from hell, the flyer in the mailbox will positively subject Redsky to a Federal offense. Other than perhaps my "meg test" idea, most everything else I suggested was perfecty legal. This is not:

18 U.S.C. 1725:

"Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits any mailable matter such as statements of accounts, circulars, sale bills, or other like matter, on which no postage has been paid, in any letter box established, approved, or accepted by the Postal Service for the receipt or delivery of mail matter on any mail route with intent to avoid payment of lawful postage thereon, shall for each such offense be fined under this title."

This law has been on the books since 1934 and withstood a Supreme Court challenge for Constitutionality in 1981. (U.S. Postal Service v. Council of Greenburgh Civic Associations, 453 U.S. 114)

Since Redsky as a business could be considered an organization, he is subject to up to a $10,000 fine, as per 18 U.S.C. 3559 and 3571. Individuals are subject to up to a $5,000 fine.

Joe

[This message has been edited by JJM (edited 08-08-2006).]

So, we can cram as much crap as we like into someone's mailbox as long as it has a stamp on it!?

Alan

Wood work but can't!
G
So, we can cram as much crap as we like into someone's mailbox as long as it has a stamp on it!?

Yup and there are people who prove that at my house every day.
If you like getting mail, just buy something from a catalog or online.

Greg Fretwell
---

Edited by self.

[This message has been edited by Theelectrikid (edited 12-03-2006).]

H
Hmmm. What was on your laptop?

-Hal

Ian,
You definitely DON'T need some of the advice that's been dished out in this thread.

Find a better way than a cowardly revenge.

Go get a girlfriend that's twice as pretty.
If you're doing what's right in the first place, let them be mad. Being mad doesn't make them right. If the cops are around, all the better. Have THEM get your laptop back.
Winning a battle through the proper channels and with a clear conscience is an infinitely sweeter revenge.

No, I have my laptop, I was using it out back when they showed up. A good friend of mine was here, and she was watching those two while I got a soda. I come back, and see that they were all IMimg my girlfriend, cursing at her and everything. Well, her mother came on, and now I have three people in that part of the neighborhood against me. BTW, it was a joke that I'm using this advice. Oh, and said idiot from down the street will be moving anyways. I got front row seats and a popcorn machine to watch his house meet its fate after he moves. [Linked Image]

Thanks,
IA

[This message has been edited by Theelectrikid (edited 08-14-2006).]

J
JJM Offline
I suspect my advice on the matter was generally not welcomed...

All I can say is throughout human history, appeasement and making nice nice with people who wish you ill or worse has never worked and never will. All you do by this is embolden your enemies to do even greater ill or worse to you. With the fifth anniversary of 9/11 approaching, this should be painfully obvious.

Let's say you've bid a big job, filed plans, got your approvals, and now some inspector is demanding things that aren't even on any of the plans, and the cost of "complaince" is sure to turn the job from a profit to a big loss? What to you do, take food away from the family? Or do you do battle with the inspector -- preferably nailing him to the wall legally?

If you don't stop such an errant inspector, you can be sure every other job from your company is going to be held up. How many of you have gotten shaken down like this?

Funny how when once you initiate proceedings that results in an inspector losing his job and pension, all your other inspections... building, plumbing, fire... all seem to go quite smoothly. Even things that shouldlegitimately get tagged aren't. Sometimes, you need to set an example.

It would be great if we could all get along and sing "Cum Bah Ya" but unfortunately the world doesn't work that way.

Joe

word edited out

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 08-15-2006).]

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard