ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 392 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
My hat is off ot our moderators. They do a superb job at keeping things on track. I'm a nightly reader and have learned a lot from this forum. Keep up the good work!

I'm going to state Ryan, Roger & Bob's sentiments as well. It's a piece of cake.

The moderators are just participants that have been around here a long time and have been trusted by Bill with the "keys to the safe".
I question my own judgement continually.

None of us enjoy deleting or editing out content, but it's a very small price to pay for the happiness and enjoyment we get from ECN.

It's the members of ECN that make it what it is, and I'd like to thank all of you for giving us mods an easy job, and letting us enjoy and learn.

Thanks Again

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 05-02-2006).]

C
"Ctardi, where it stands right now, it is simply for explanatory reasons.

Roger"

Sarcastic question. [Linked Image]

But, as the owner of 2, and moderating, 2 or 3 other sites with forums, I wish all groups of people were as well behaved as you guys are! My hat is off to the members, mods, admins, and owners!

But I'm just a lurker here, I'll go back to my little private corner. [Linked Image]

Proud Inventor of the Three Phase Light Bulb!
R
ctardi
"well behaved as you guys are"

Unfortunately, it is soon to get ugly on another ECN forum.

Oh, the good old days!

Thanks Ryan , And yes the members here make it really easy to Moderate. Thanks guys

R
Ctardi, welcome to the forum, and don't just lurk, join in.

Sarcastic question. [Linked Image]

That was quite obvious, hence my short reply. [Linked Image]

Please don't retreat to "your private corner", become more active, we are truly a hospitable bunch. [Linked Image]

Roger

J
I love the job that the moderators do on this forum!!!

I'll have to suppress that other, deep, forbidden, love for our moderators, for some other fomum.

Joe

Cat Servant
For what it's worth... this site has a chat room, which is occupied most nights. Very often, several moderators will be there.

The chat room is a lot more free-wheeling than the permanent forums, and we often bounce ideas off each other.

If you feel your post was censored, or locked... well, maybe you could drop in and discuss it with some of us. While I'm not about to make any promises.. you might come away with a bit more of an understanding of why the action was taken.

C
Roger,
I'm not an electrical contractor, just finishing high school in hopes to go on to become a Millwright. Found you guys on Google, seemed like a nice place for some serious reading. Been in chat a couple of times, but not sure what your bounds are in terms of me asking questions, as I can see people not wanting to answer, due to it being basically a DIY situation. [Linked Image]

Proud Inventor of the Three Phase Light Bulb!
Folks,
The original reason behind the "not wanting to answer DIY questions", comes down to a question of liability, should a person mis-interpret what is said here.
It is quite true that this place is NOT a public forum, NOR is it a Private Forum.
However, it should be treated as if it were both.
It has been said here, over the time that I have been here, that this site has a PG rating.
When you folks signed up to this site, you agreed to that same rating, as we did.
As far as Moderators go, I think we do a reasonably good job here, put yourself in our position, we don't like deleting anyone's posts or threads, but if there is any thing posted here that is of a derogatory nature or the like it will be got rid of.
People don't come here to look at that.
Just my opinion. [Linked Image]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard