ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 173 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
Virgil, do you have to put the handset from your phone on your modem? [Linked Image]

I think it's more like the telco needs to rewax the string between the cans!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from aerocomm.com]

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 04-10-2003).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
N
dial up here Pone co does not have DSL availble and cable co want way too much $$$

ed
I
Virgil, I am gussing you do not down load many MP3s on that connection. [Linked Image]

Maybe a compoter guy can help out here, but on one of my puters the port speed was set to low limiting the connection speed.

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
T
My first internbet connection was 14.4k dial-up, and I actually downloaded MP3s via Napster! When I got 56k connection speed went up to 40000 and something, but the actual download speed was still around 5 kb/sec.
In my old PowerBook I've got a built-in 9600k modem, never got it working though, since I upgraded to System 7.6 the TelePort software denies my machine being a PowerBook. [Linked Image]
Cable is shared by 3 Macs, via a software router. Think about buying a hardware router though, then we don't need to have one machine running all the time.
Maybe I even get an acoustic coupler for my museum. 300bps max connection speed, not kbps!

P
Oh dear.... I remember the days when 1200 bps was considered very respectable and 2400 was fast! [Linked Image]

I'm on dial-up at the moment, about 5 miles from the CO, and can usually connect at about 44k.

R
Cable, with a solid 2MBPS

G
We have DSL.

Equally important is how fast your processor is.

On our new computers ADM 2200+ all sites display fast.

On my notebook Pentium 150 all sites download fast but some take a while to display.

This site displays fast on the slower computer.

W
Sparky66
You must be living in a metropolis to get on at 28000, the best I ever get is 26400 and sometimes less. Rural life is great, ain't it? [Linked Image] You post alot of pictures, do you go fix dinner or something why you wait for them to download [Linked Image]

S
56K at the mo,connect @ 40ish but i recently heard that my area will be ADSL enabled in June [Linked Image], at last ill be able to enjoy online gaming without lagging out all the time.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard