ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 422 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Bjarney wrote:
Typically, a padlock with a (replaceable) frangible shackle can be "opened" with a standard-issue firefighter’s axe.

A firefighter's axe looks like it would open more than just the padlock... It would certainly make for interesting conversation when greeting somebody who is messing around with the disconnect [Linked Image]

This is the respected term used to identify the
Authority Having Jurisdiction. The organization, office, or individual responsible for approving equipment, materials, an installation, or a procedure.

FPN: The phrase “authority having jurisdiction” is used in NFPA documents in a broad manner, since jurisdictions and approval agencies vary, as do their responsibilities.

Where public safety is primary, the authority having jurisdiction may be a federal, state, local, or other regional department or individual such as a fire chief; fire marshal; chief of a fire prevention bureau, labor department, or health department; building official; electrical inspector; or others having statutory authority.

For insurance purposes, an insurance inspection department, rating bureau, or other insurance company representative may be the authority having jurisdiction. In many circumstances, the property owner or his or her designated agent assumes the role of the authority having jurisdiction; at government installations, the commanding officer or departmental official may be the authority having jurisdiction.

PS: The editing function here on the board allows for removal of unnecessary words such as:

ass·hole ( P ) Pronunciation Key (shl)
n. Vulgar Slang
The anus.
A thoroughly contemptible, detestable person.

The most miserable or undesirable place in a particular area.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

Harold: I cannot imagine anyone calling you an a**hole!

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Another option is the use of a "Knox Box", a FD/PD key box.
They're in regular use here in So. CA. They contain keys for use in emergencies. Available with or without alarm contacts. www.knoxbox.com/

Frank:
And here I thought we had all the "bad boys" here in NJ. Ha!

Stock up on breakaway padlocks!

And if the "bad boys" are REAL bad, then you may have to go for the real big, indestructable Master Padlock, and the Knox Box.

Get it "KNOX" like the inpregnable Fort!!
They're a good thing.

John

John
A
For our EM feeders, Chicago allows, possibly by special permission, removal of the operating handle of the switch. We then keep the handle in the posesion of our electricians or in a locked cabinet in the electrical room. These ARE supervised locations. These are both wall hung and switchboard mounted devices. If you'd like a picture let me know.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard