ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 196 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
I can't believe there is actually and "waste" fryer oil around these days. In 1990 Burger King was selling it to someone. I have to believe that is a "product" these days.
My wife did have an electrician who was "wiring for oil" at her place. He was burning in his truck and I don't think he did anything but filter it. Now I believe they sell it to a reprocessor.

Greg Fretwell
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Greg, agreed, the big chains like McDonalds will find a ready market for their used oil as animal feed, cosmetics stock, biofuels or soap manufacture. They replace their oil by formula hours rather than when the fries start going brown before they're cooked, they have one consistent type and quality of oil, easy to reprocess, and they have it in large quantities so their disposal method will already be efficient and costed. The 'mom and pop' operations are not so well organised. Their oil-type varies as they seek best value, they have small quantities and it costs them money to dispose of it due to the transport & disposal difficulties. That's where I get my oil, small outlets. I provide clean 5 Gallon containers, a coarse strainer, a funnel/tundish, regular free collections and I keep the agreed disposal point clean. Service. They save money, I save money, and the day I can't bum a free coffee are not here yet! Today for example I collected about 30 gallons from the expat British 'Fish and Chips' guy who operates a mobile outlet in this area, plus free half pint mug of "builders"*. Not a lot, but regular supplies add up, and I already have about 300 gallons in store already for next winter. 34 million btus notionally free for a little initiative?

*very strong tea. 12 sugars. smile

Alan

Wood work but can't!
G
Yup Allan, you must be one of those guys who wires for oil wink

I understand if the small guy doesn't contract for his oil to go away for free, or sell it, he has to pay to have it hauled off.
My wife's company (when she was a builder) paid to have scrap copper and aluminum hauled off. There is no telling for insanity

Greg Fretwell
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard