ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 516 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
greg,
I think Alan Belson has the right idea. You have sunshine, use it.
Alan--

Alan--
If it was easy, anyone could do it.
L
Originally Posted by luckyshadow
They are usually wired on a 3 pole breaker. 1st pole uses phases A & B- 2nd pole uses phases B & C - 3rd pole uses phases C & A. Then it gets repeated this way. It keeps everything pretty balanced.

Bump!
That a great point you have there! Thanks for bringing that up.

Luke Clarke
Electrical Planner for TVA.

L
LK Offline
Originally Posted by gfretwell
Solar is looking more attractive the more I look at it. They really only want a fan and light ... during the day

Solar may be ok if that is all they are going to have, but you can bet, security lighting will be next, then how about a small air AC unit, so if you sell them on solar and then they come back with a bigger wish list your in trouble.

Suddenly, a simple 2-can bathroom out on hole 10 for us prostrate-challenged seniors turns into an air-conditioned 24 hour gourmet-restaurant with searchlights.

Maitre d' "Has Sir actually booked a table? We are rather busy tonight. I may be able to fit you and your good lady in behind the paper towel dispenser in about half an hour." crazy

Last edited by Alan Belson; 05/29/07 04:15 PM.

Wood work but can't!
L
LK Offline
Originally Posted by Alan Belson
Suddenly, a simple 2-can bathroom out on hole 10 for us prostrate-challenged seniors turns into an air-conditioned 24 hour gourmet-restaurant with searchlights.

Maitre d' "Has Sir actually booked a table? We are rather busy tonight. I may be able to fit you and your good lady in behind the paper towel dispenser in about half an hour." crazy

Crazy is right, that is exactly what happend at out county course and the transportation center, they started out only wanting security lights, and it turned into a full a list of wants, the guy that wired them assumed only security lighting.

If you really want to se how jobs can change from a simple request into a nightmare try dealing with the board on these gated communities, one member will want just the lights, then as soon as you start the job, another member, will come up with his idea, now the fun really starts, the whole board starts calling, in other contractors to look at the job you started, one member doesn't have any idea what the other is doing, then you find out, their rules din't allow the president of the board to approve you little lighting job, the guy looking to get the new vote for president is fighting with everyone. Crazy does not even describe, what a small light, in an out house can lead to, when your dealing with a gated community.

Last edited by LK; 05/29/07 04:44 PM.
G
Then someone complains when they towel dispenser runs empty that they should have electric hand dryers...and the saga continues.

Ghost307
K
I think you need something like this, and if they want more power, just keep adding units.
http://www.solarlighting.com/product_sheet_SILK_series.html

Cat Servant
LK, Ghost .... are you trying to re-create "the never-ending story?" laugh

Last edited by renosteinke; 05/29/07 07:17 PM.
"Solar is looking more attractive the more I look at it. They really only want a fan and light ... during the day"

How about skylights and a window?

F
Originally Posted by renosteinke
LK, Ghost .... are you trying to re-create "the never-ending story?" laugh

whistleHumm sound pretty tempting to recreate this story again

I am sure it will anyway

Merci , Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard