ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 416 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
Have I missed any?

Only the unrepeatable names it might get called by someone getting 208 when he was expecting 120V! [Linked Image]

Also, is there any country besides the USA which possesses such a strange beast?
I'd certainly never heard of the 4-w delta arrangement until I started getting interested in American wiring.

For delta they are red-orange-black (B-phase being 208).

I wonder why not blue-orange-black, i.e. just replace the red with orange? I would have thought it would have been easier to distinguish between the colors when working in some dark corner.

Completely off-topic: I happened to catch a radio show here a few days ago which included a visit to the Broken Spoke dance hall in Austin. It had me wanting to be there...... [Linked Image]

Y
Only the unrepeatable names it might get called by someone getting 208 when he was expecting 120V!

Yeah, that tends to drive out the magic smoke! [Linked Image]

Completely off-topic: I happened to catch a radio show here a few days ago which included a visit to the Broken Spoke dance hall in Austin. It had me wanting to be there......

Ah yes, the Spoke... been awhile since I've been there. Caught Don Walser there a couple of times, that's his regular gig. My dad tells how he used to go there in his college days and see Willie Nelson, back when he was unknown. Great chicken-fried steak! [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by yaktx (edited 01-06-2006).]

I
Who is Willie Nelson? [Linked Image]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
P
Great chicken-fried steak!
Yep, just to hear them talking about the food had my mouth watering. [Linked Image]

Quite a few country singers made some great records before they became famous. I have some of Waylon Jennings' early records from before he became well-known -- Great rock-country versions of classics like Big Mamou, White Lightning, and Sally Was A Good Old Girl. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 01-07-2006).]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard