ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 174 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#134541 09/11/06 07:32 PM
A
Perhaps other Aussies aren't interested in things electrical...that's what I find anyway.
Talk about the design of plugs or light sockets and their eyes glaze over and you're thought of being a nut case. I mean I could talk about the different styles of old electrical fittings for hours and never shut up but who wants to listen? And how many other Aussies are fascinated with foreign wiring practices? People must think I'm nuts getting friends to bring me back light bulbs and electrical fittings from overseas instead of the usual sorts of souveniers.
The reality is that most people who work with electrical stuff do so simply as means for earning a living...there's no personal interest in it.
One other thing, I'd be posting much more here if one could upload pics directly.
I'd love to show more of wiring practices here and the sort of fittings used, as well as some of my own stuff but the hassle of emailing all the pics to a moderator and then having to link them to the post just makes it not worth it.
I can directly post pics on other forums I belong to so why not this one?

[This message has been edited by aussie240 (edited 09-11-2006).]

#134542 09/20/06 12:15 PM
Trumpy Offline OP
Aussie,
I'd love to show more of wiring practices here and the sort of fittings used, as well as some of my own stuff but the hassle of emailing all the pics to a moderator and then having to link them to the post just makes it not worth it.
How do you work that one out?.
Look,
What we as Moderators here would like is to be able to keep all of the pictures posted on ECN, on ECN's own Server, in that way we can prevent problems with foreign servers going down and us losing the source of the pictures.
Aussie,
It's absolutely no worry at all to me to have pics sent to me and upload them and then post them, I've done it hundreds of times. [Linked Image]
You are not inconveniencing anyone.
Cheers,
Mike. [Linked Image]

#134543 09/21/06 05:38 AM
K
Aussie, posting pictures is not a problem on ECN. All the moderators are really good at getting your pictures on there. Try it. Its always good seeing photos from Downunder and we would appreciate seeing your pics.

Interesting to see NZ referred to as Aotearoa in the Stats. Where are the Stats from ?

#134544 09/21/06 07:54 AM
Administrator
Interesting to see NZ referred to as Aotearoa in the Stats. Where are the Stats from ?
Kiwi,

The stats are from a program called Webtrends which runs on our servers and keeps track of misc. traffic statistics.

#134545 09/21/06 08:48 PM
A
What I was trying to expalain is it's an involved process for the users of this forum to post pics; not so much the moderators.
I mean one has to attach the pic to an email, wait for the reply from the moderator to know where the pics are on the ECN server, and finally link to their URL's in the posting.
Other forums, such as http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi?pg=topics
and http://www.cyclingforums.com
allow users to simply upload straight from a local file there and then, which preserves the spontaneity of the post instead of waiting a day or so to remember what you were going to say once you've got the pics.
Not to worry though, I can just upload to my own server and link the URL's.

#134546 09/29/06 05:23 AM
K
Yeah Aussie240 the photo posting on other sites is a lot easier, but I think having the Moderators screen the photos on ECN ensures that we only see photos that are relevant, and thats good. When I visit ECN I know that its exclusively for electrical stuff and theres no adds or pop-ups to sift through.

The Moderators have been excellent at posting photos quickly.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard