ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 174 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Eagle,
Maybe it's that Electric "Mojo".

Randy, baby, yeah!
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
W
Well Doc... Since you asked I always provide FREE estimates unlike some of the competition. And when they are asking for a price over the phone I try as hard as I can not to give them a "Ballpark". (It did happen recently though maybe you read the post, I think the lady was living in a dream world) [Linked Image] I want to get them to let me meet them. When I arrive to give the estimate I make sure that I am profesional.

To me these are some of the things that make me professional.

1. Have a neat appearence. (even if you have been laying in a grease pit)

2. No bad breath.

3. If it's someones home park on the street. Don't pull up with the radio so loud they hear it before they see you.

4. Introduce yourself and say what company you are with. No complaining about the last place you came from or your most recent family crisis.

5. Be respectful of them and their place of business or home. Use the sidewalks, don't leave handprints on whatever you touch. If they have the latest greatest gadget or gizmo don't spend thirty minutes telling them how great it is or why you can't afford it. Don't ask how much it cost or say "must be nice".

6. Leave the cell phone (if possible), coffee cup, cigarettes, chew, and spitter in the truck.

7. Be prepared for the estimate your going to give. If it's something you have not done for a while brush up on it if time permits.

8. Provide the estimate when you tell them you will if you can't provide it at that time.

9. Follow up with a phone call in a day or two.

I know to most people these things are all common sense but I have seen people offended by all of the things mentioned here. I also ran a small contractors service department for a while and had some people complain about a few of the guys bad habits and lengthy meaningless conversations, as well as showing a little too much interest in their homes. That one was kind of scary [Linked Image]

Doc, Im feelin a little bit "charged" [Linked Image]up tonight from a long day. What would you prescribe from the "electro-chest"?

Wirewiz

S
Wirewiz,
good post...sounds familiar......

TRUSTWORTHY

LOYAL

HELPFUL

FRIENDLY

COURTEOUS

KIND

OBEDIENT

CHEERFUL

THRIFTY

BRAVE

CLEAN

REVERENT

i dub thee forum eagle scout!

[This message has been edited by sparky (edited 08-23-2002).]

Wiz,
Step into my office. That's correct, the blue one that says "BFI" on the outside (the "BFI" stands for Been 'fficially Instituted into the "Electromedical Doctorin' Association"). It sounds like you need a little something to keep your mind occupied so that you don't get all charged up. I'll list 'em from the most simple and easy to the most drastic.
1. Smear some Yellow 77 under your nose. You'll be occupied with the smell.
2.Take 2 wire nuts and call me in the morning. You won't be able to breath, but at least you won't be charged up.
3. Tear off a piece of duct seal, and place it under your tongue. Nuff said.
4. Have an aprentice tape your butt cheeks together. Again, nuff said.
5. If all else fails, take a battery drill, and run a 3" dry wall screw through your rectus femorous (thigh muscle) into your femor. This results in a trip to the ER, but in my professional opinion, you won't be charged up any more.

Pay the receptionist on your way out in cash credit, or copper,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard