Hey Paul,

Thanks for the reply!

Not too sure who made that post, but it's a good idea. I did a similar thing by placing Orange tape across the "B" position filler plates and / or K.O.'s on the dead front. Also tagged or "Highlighted" the "B" position[s] circuit spots Orange when printing out Panel Schedules and Panel Directories.

<Quote>
It could be worse I suppose. Just imagine a (non-technical) U.S./Canadian tourist coming over here, buying a simple plig
adapter and hooking up to our 240V. Even more smoke than on 208...
<Quote>

LOL!!! That's called "Crash Course In European Electrical Systems 101" [Linked Image]

EZ-Install, huh? That's an Oxy-Moron <joke> [Linked Image]

To me, all Software Hacked [Engineered] since 1996 is EZ-Install! Remember when everything had to be done in DOS [or X Tree Gold if you were a real Computer Geek!], and the normal situation was MD [or MKDIR], then XCOPY the Floppy[s] from A: to C:
[Syntax example: XCOPY A:\*.* C:\DOOM\ /s /a /e ].

Bjarney,

When I was younger [we'll not go there just yet [Linked Image]] I had seen an older area of Long Beach / San Pedro where one customer still had 2 phase 4 wire service.
The setup was from a 3 Phase Delta to 2 Phase 4 wire configuration.
Very old Pots!!! This was the last one in the area, and I personally haven't seen anymore since then.

Those 120/208 1 Phase 3 wire services are quite abundant in the San Diego area!
When I first ran across one, I thought someone messed up pulling subfeeders! There was 208 VAC between the Ungrounded Lines [with 120 VAC to Ground], but only 3 wires at the Subpanel! Was expecting 240 VAC L-L, so went out to the Utility pole to investigate. Saw a typical 4 wire Wye configuration with only 3 wires dropped to the Building's service [this was a Commercial Location].
Looked at the Main Gear [Service / Meter Section] and it was clearly labeled and tagged "120/208 1 phase 3 wire, 400 Amps Max"

My first visit with that type of system!

I guess it could be figured as an Open Wye since that describes it well, but [to me] looking at a Pictorial of an Open Wye just looks like an Open Delta which has been turned around! [Linked Image]

Now for some trivial pursute stuff [Linked Image]

I have drawn the Scott T setups, plus the Delta / 2 Phase setups and posted in the Tech Reference section, along with a few DC 3 and 5 wire setups. For anyone interested in these, feel free to check them out Be sure to view ALL Posts, otherwise you will never find them!

Scott S.E.T.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!