Iwire, you took my words out of context. When I said, "use your common sense" I was only referring to the fact that not a single person has written a book supporting your side of the issue.

The NEC does not (to my knowledge) define what a subpanel is. The situation you describe would not be a subpanel in the eyes of table 310.15 (B)(6). Since the conductors you are referring to would carry the entire supply to each residence then the afformentioned table could be used.

Iwire, since you apparently don't believe in the use of sources outside the NEC then how can the word subpanel even be in your vocabulary? Do you have a selective memory;...only information that supports your personal position is absorbed?

I hope that nobody takes offense to my comments. I feel that "the truth is out there". So if your view is the truth then where is it? Do you want me to believe that the truth is a secret or perhaps a conspiracy? If it is not meant to be hidden, then where is it?

I believe that Roger and Iwire both have more written resources available to them then I do. So please take 20 minutes, refer to them, and get back to this thread with your newfound information.

Do I have to beg yet again

[This message has been edited by triple (edited 04-10-2004).]