sparky:

OK - Right On!!

Most of the pictures I capture and post in the violations area here, and in many other locations, show where the lack of maintenance, repair, replacement (or whatever you want to call it), where the equipment was damaged, or otherwise just old and corroded, rusty, ripped out, and with thieving hands constantly tampering with the stuff people who live in the street!

Unqualified, you bet, lots of the stuff is put in by those who are without any clue whatsoever!

Yes, there are many persons who know nothing about the code, or installation practices who are often responsible for work that can be criticized.

I just returned from shopping in the two "big box stores" because I had to buy something to finish up a "honey do" list.

Whenever I do go into those stores, I always walk down the aisles where the electrical equipment can be found. Today, I stopped behind a person who was holding two device boxes, one of metal and the other of nonmetallic material. He also had a roll of metallic cable, looked like "BX" in his cart.

He said to his partner, I think that I will buy the nonmetallic boxes because they are not as expensive as the metal boxes, and I won't need any connectors.

I said nothing (shook my head) and moved on to the checkout counter!

Joe

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant