Joe,
First, you said in your post in the previous thread that you agreed with my comment and that the code should be changed to require such maintenance. If the code already requires electrical maintenance, why would you suggest a wording change?
Yes, the word "maintenance does appear in the NEC over 150 times, however I find no NEC rules that require the electrical system to be maintained. Where the word "maintenance" appears it is in rules that are designed to allow maintenance to be performed in a safe manner, or to allow access to the equipment, but these rules in no way require that such maintenance take place.
You mean to say that the recent installation of switchgear, or cable trays, etc., don't need periodic maintenance on a 6 month or yearly basis?
No, I don't mean to say that periodic maintenance of electrical systems is not needed, I just say that the NEC does not require such activity.
... and I cannot imagine anyone who doesn't follow up and "maintain" their equipment?
Again, I agree with that statement, but I'm just not aware of any NEC rule that requires this. If you have a specific rule in mind, please cite it for me, I may have missed something.
Don

Don(resqcapt19)