Well, if only it were that easy to pull in the ground wire...LOL...I'd do it.

Truth is, I passed my rough wire inspection about a year ago...not sure what that says about the inspector...but I have the sticker. So, I "could" just do nothing and have the final done and I suspect never worry about it again.

But I'm not the type to do that...and will bring it up with him, and see what he thinks. I have grown convinced there is no safety difference...so no real "need" to do this.

On that note, is it perhaps more dangerous? What if the ground wire on the 4 feed service were to break...then all my equipment grounds would be tied only to the ground rods...and then a hot fault to gnd would leave me in a bad situation. Would I ever notice a broken ground wire back to the main panel, until the hot to gnd fault?? I'm not sure I would.

If on the other hand a 3 wire neutral broke, I'd notice that very quickly, as nothing would be "right".

Isn't that correct?

Although I'm not justifying the 3 wire, although it does seem to make sense.

What's wrong with that "argument"??

Also, since the phone line is not connected to the grounding electrode of the electrical system (is it??), then I assume that is not an issue anyways.

Again, thanks for all the help gentlemen! I really appreciate the sounding board and all your time!