$150 per can for labor(discounted because ceiling/attic is supposedly open) + matl(fixtures) + $50/hr. playing at finding the right fixture for the owner...$250 minimum for the fan with caveat I inspect the fan first and the bid may go higher...$75 dimmer (if owner supplies it or accepts an 'off the shelf' model, $50/hr. if I have to go on a shopping spree for him)...$200 fan control (figuring new wiring, box) + cost of fan control).

I normally charge $200 per outlet (switch, recep, ceiling fixture), (more for ceiling fans) which includes most materials . . .I normally tell homeowner to go to a lighting showroom to find their fixture (rather than paying me $50/hr. to play with catalogs...they always go to the showroom when I tell them the catalog route can take 4-8 hrs. extra at a minimum....i.e. - get a catalog...play with homeowner...order fixtures....pickup fixtures). Almost all my clients are by referral and I get most of the jobs referred ('cept those who spoke with 'uncle Bob'...who paid $85 back in '42 to have his house wired).