Just got it today.... A joke in the mail.

Got the Summer 2006 "CLC" Newsletter on Friday.

Did anyone see the Article regarding _ALL_ Roofing Contractors with Active Licenses (C-39) - regardless if they have Employees or not, to have Workers' Compensation Coverage?

Must be due to the excessive use of Per Diem "Day Labor" Personnel (usually found at the Parking Lots of the "Orange Box" stores); which, if injured on the job of a Contractor filed as "Exemption from Workers’ Compensation" (no employees), has no coverage and therefore must pay for all the medical stuff solely, or through State or Federally funded programs (such as "Medi-Cal").

Either that, or "Arnie" (Arnold Schwarzenegger) has come up with one more way to screw with the Workers' Comp. system.
(most political thing I have ever posted!).

In case some of the ECN Members are unaware of the California Work Comp. "Fiasco", let me just say this:
It was really crazy back in 2001, but now, it's a Full-Blown Circus!

On another subject, I was browsing through the "License Revocations" lists, and saw the name of a joker I had worked with in the past (I stayed 2 weeks). This guy was a real piece of work!
There's about 10 sections violated - and one of them is in the "Felony" category!
Must have relocated up North since I worked there. The License Number is still the same.

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!